The BIRD Clinic's mission has always been to educate its clientele. This section's goal is to help our clients keep current on various topics in the avian medical field. You may download any of these handouts for your own file or educational material for fellow bird owners. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Due to the graphics in some of these handouts, you will need Adobe reader version 5.0 or newer to be able to download all of the handouts. Please go to the end of this page for a link to the Adobe site.
- Downloadable Office Hours and Policies
- Recommended Health Care for Your Pet Bird
- Nutritional Problems in Pet Birds
- Toxins in Pet Birds
- Poisonous Plants in the Western United States
- Heart Disease
- Cockatiel Concerns and Syndromes
- Pet Birds and Cancer Risk
- Feather "Picking" - What Really Causes it?
- Recommended Safe Method for Wing Clipping
- The "4" Nutrient Groups for Proper Avian Nutrition
- Vitamin A Handout - Food Sources
- Calcium Handout - Food Sources
- Nuts and Seed: How Nutritious are They?
- How to Make a Hospital Box for Home Therapy
- How to properly give injections to the avian patient
- Why Cheese and Dairy Products are Bad for Birds
- Pulmonary Hypersensitivity in New World Species exposed to Old World Species
To download any of these handouts, please click on the handout title. You will need Acrobat reader v.5.0 to read and print these handouts. This is a free software program available by clicking here.